So instead of making resolutions, which I’m likely to give up on before January even hits it’s halfway point, I’ve made a list of goals to try and complete by the end of the year – a bucket list, for 2016. Some of them are ongoing, some of them are one-time accomplishments, but hopefully they will all be completed or at least partially completed by this time next year.
I like to record these publicly, in the hopes that peer pressure or even the idea of peer pressure will be enough to help me achieve them. So here goes:
- Eat a vegetarian diet for a month
- Move out of home
- Write the first draft of a novel
- Have a real Christmas tree
- Drink water more than anything else
- Read at least 52 books
- Try (or at least consider!) online dating
- Bake a rainbow layer cake
- Start a blog, consider vlogging
- Practice mindfulness or meditate often
- Join a gym and/or get a PT
- Keep track of all the babies I deliver
- Use my DSLR in manual mode
- Write letters to Riley and Katie at least monthly
- Read Anna Karenina
- Go berry or fruit picking
- Live by the motto “Just Say Yes”
Some of these have been New Years Resolutions prior, with no real success – but with 2016 looming and so much change on the horizon, what better year to give it a real crack?
Anybody out there in hypothetical-internet land have any resolutions or goals for this year they’d like to share?